Saturday, May 30, 2009
Post your answer on my Facebook profile or on my blog.
Not a Render's Photography Facebook Fan? Sign up here.
Where was I standing when I took this photo (you must be more specific than "the coastline")?
I will be donating $1 to Big Brothers/Big Sisters (my little Sister and I are part of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Alumni) for every guess (one guess per person).
The person who has the correct answer first, will win a $125 gift card for Render's Photography and a $20 Cold Stone Creamery Gift Card.
The contest will close on Wednesday, June 3rd.
The winner will be revealed when the contest ends.
So go ahead and guess, don't be shy............... give it a try.
Friday, May 22, 2009
TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY PORTRAITS GO HORRIBLY:
- Wear clothing that doesn't compliments each other. Solids are horrible.
- Hire a photographer that says they are professional because they have a nice camera, but make sure that they are using the program mode!!
- Let the Photographer take breaks. All parents need to do is get their kids to smile and let the photographer wander.
- If you have a furry friend that like to chase other animals, you can bring them too.
- Make sure the kids are starving.
- Party and don’t get any rest the night before.
- Haircuts look best if done the day of your pictures. That way to get what you paid for. No grow-out time.
- Please be late.
TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY PORTRAITS GO SMOOTHLY:
- Wear clothing that compliments each other. Solids are best. Try and stay with neutral colors and avoid clothing with printing on it.
- Let the Photographer get the kids to smile. All parents need to do is look at the camera and smile.
- If you have a furry friend, you can bring them too.
- Make sure the kids have full tummies.
- Get plenty of rest the night before.
- Haircuts look best if done at least 1 week before your pictures.
- Please be on time.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Makenna has turned 1. I just can't believe that we photographed her 1 year portraits, oh, 1 year ago already. That means I probably have 1 more wrinkle. What would it take to get back that beautiful baby skin like Makenna's. As you can imagine at 1, she is walking and want's nothing to do with standing in one place. So, we started in their home and then headed to a local nursery. By going somewhere new, I figured Makenna would pause a few times to check things out, then I would get the images we wanted!! She is a doll.
Monday, May 18, 2009
I love this time of year!!! These were taken last year at about this time. Little babies were springing up everywhere around our yard. I had to play natures paparazzi with these little guys. It would terrible if they flew the coup because I was too close. I hid in this bushes and got these great photographs!!! I also got a series of Mom feeding babies. I'll just have to locate those and post them soon.
Ashley is Graduating and she is so excited. She loves art and it sounds like her school is going to miss her passion for it. She told me that she and her 2 best friends run a lot of the art stuff at school. She has a contagious smile that just makes you want to spend more time with her!! If I could have the perfect head of hair, it would be Ashleys. Look at those red locks and it's beautifully smooth and silky (this is starting to sound like a Herbal Essence ad). Just look below and you'll see what I mean!! Congratulations to you and only a few weeks to go!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Carli & Marshal were married on April 25, 2009 at the Seattle Temple. It was a lovely day (a little windy, but no problem!!!) They are absolutely adorable. You can see how their eyes light up when they look at each other. They day was perfect and many of their Family and Friends came to out celebrate with them. What a delightful group to work with. I was so comfortable each moment of this day. Everyone made me feel welcome and proud to be part of Carli & Marshal's special day. Thanks again for choosing me and I can't wait to work with you all again.