Monday, November 24, 2008

Taking time for Girlfriends and Mountain air!

This weekend, I got to enjoy the company with 5 of my Girlfriends. Once a year we take a weekend (in November) and head up to the mountains. These Girlfriends are so special to me. Where can you find 6 women who can share a cabin for 3 days and leave wanting to go again next year. I am so lucky to have them part of my life. This was the 9th year (my 8th).
Three of us tend to get cabin fever, so we try to do some outdoor activities. Depending if we have a blanket of white or not, will determine the activity. In the past, we have gone skiing, snow-shoeing, hiking in the snow, or just hiking without snow (which is what we did this weekend). The weather was perfect. Cold enough to wear gloves, scarfs and hats, but warm enough that once you started moving, you got hot. We hiked for a few miles and I, with camera in hand, challenged myself to scenic photography. I love to try and capture nature the way I saw it and want you experience it (without actually being there). This morning I was walking down my driveway, and I could see the mountains that I had just returned from yesterday. They are beautiful, powerful, unpredictable and majestic. Thank you WSW girls for a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the images that I captured for you and me.










































































1 comment:

AngieDphotography said...

beautimous! Ü That sounds like such a fun trip!